February Home Maintenance Checklist
By Teresa X. Nguyen, Marketing Specialist, Long & Foster Marketing.
With the cold weather setting in, we wouldn’t blame you for hunkering down and putting off your minor chores or responsibilities. After all, binging that new TV show is more enjoyable than clearing out that one drawer that doesn’t quite open because it’s so stuffed. However, getting a head start on these indoor home maintenance tasks will lessen your load once the warm weather hits.
We’ve separated our home maintenance checklist into three simple sections to make it easier for you to tackle: declutter and organize, clean, and prepare and maintain. Cross these simple items off your to-do list so you can go back to being cozy on the couch.
Declutter & Organize:
- Consolidate half-empty cleaning supplies and wipe down shelves and cabinets before returning for storage.
- Remove clutter from drawers, shelves, and cabinets to create more space.
- Dust blinds and fans with a feather duster to remove dirt build-up.
- Launder or dry clean your bedding to eliminate dust mites and allergens.
Prepare & Maintain:
- Place doormats at entryways to collect any dirt, snow or salt before coming inside.
- Check and replace air filters for your HVAC, refrigerator, vaccum and others.
Tiffany Frederick is a licensed Virginia Real Estate Agent
Tiffany@LNF.com · Cell: 440.785.6880
Long & Foster Reston 2100 Reston Pkwy Suite 102 · Reston, VA 20190
Original content was posted on Long & Foster's Blog the Newsroom, click here to view.